Obviously I am in many ways the exception but I don’t eat take-aways. I can thank my mum for that. Fast food never set foot in my house (and the one time it did, after an hour of solid arguing that I wanted a Chinese takeaway, I managed to get food poisoning….fail). However, there’s nothing better than a greasy meal cure a hangover all washed down with a large coke.The problem is, food like that tastes great while you re eating it but then you only end up feeling worse afterwards….maybe that’s just me….being gluten and lactose sensitive doesnt help either…
So…instead of turning to a takeaway, I try and make my own. And yes I realise that cooking with a hangover is hardly appealing but this recipe involves very little effort and believe me it’s worth it!
Beef burgers, sweet potato fries and guacamole
500g organic beef mince (2-3 burgers depending on how big you like'em)
salt & pepper
any herbs/spices you have lying around
dash of lea & perrins and Tabasco sauce
Coconut oil for cooking
Tomato, homemade coleslaw, sliced pineapple, slices apple, bacon, egg, guacamole (Recipe below), ketchup, mayo….
1. Mix the ingredients in a large bowl using your hands
2. Form into burger patties
3. Cook in a bit of coconut oil- 4-6 minutes a side
4. Add and cook bacon either in same pan or separate…
Sweet Potato Fries
3 medium-large sweet potatoes
Salt and pepper
1. Chop the sweet potatoes into chips to your preference (the thinner the chip, the faster it ll cook)
2. Lay the chips on tin foil on a baking tray and season with spices and top with a drizzle of honey and olive oil.
3. Use your hands to move the chips around and ensure each one is coated evenly.
4. Bake @200 degrees for 30minutes of until cooked through. Mix around half way through cooking. (Thinner chips will need less time so keep an eye on them.)
Keep it simple:
Lemon Juice Optional Add ins:
1. Cut the avocado in half, remove the seed and scoop out the pulp
2. Mash with a fork to your liking….chunky is also yum!
3. Add lemon juice and other options if on hand
Assemble and eat immediately!