I finally got around to making this recipe. I am quite plain when it comes to protein…..I have no problem eating plain grilled chicken or plain steak or fish all year round with a bit of lemon juice or spices but I was excited to give this chicken goujon recipe a go since I am obsessed with coconut!
A word of warning: when you are buying desicatted coconut, make sure to check the ingredients and make sure it hasn’t been sweetened.
6 chicken breasts 1/4 cup almond flour 1 egg Shredded coconut 2 tbsp coconut oil (melted) (Garlic/onion powder)- I omitted this but in hindsight I think it needed the extra seasoning salt & pepper
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Combine the egg, almond flour, coconut oil and garlic/onion powder in a bowl
2. Pour some shredded coconut on a plate
3. Slice up 6 chicken breasts into goujon-style pieces
4. Dip goujon in the wet mixture and then roll in the shredded coconut.
5. Add some coconut oil to a pan and quickly fry the goujons to colour
6. Place the goujons on a baking tray and bake at 180 for 15-20 mins or until ready- (I was baking them on top of a load of carrot and swede with which I was making soup……)
Serve and enjoy!
Nutritional Info*: calories 180; fat 9.5g (saturated 4.4g); carb 1.8g; fibre 1g; protein 22g
*The Nutrition info is based on 1/6th of the whole recipe…..I had a good bit of the ‘batter mixture’ leftover so the macronutrient count is a bit distorted and actually slightly less than what I have above in all areas except the protein (as it comes from the chicken only)
On a side not I also made chicken soup again….this time much easier…bought a rotisserie chicken, cut it up and put the roast carrot, swede, onion and chicken in a pot with some stock on a low heat and forgot about it for 40mins