This bread has come to be one of my go-to favorite sweet treat. It is easy to make and sugar free and has always gone down a treat. I don’t think the loaf has ever seen the light of day longer than two hours!
The bread is inspired by this recipe …..I chose to play around with it a little bit and ended up with these ingredients.
3 bananas mashed (the riper the better) 3 eggs (4 egg whites) 1 tbsp vanilla extract 4 tbsp coconut oil (melted)* 1 cup almond flour 0.5 cup coconut flour 4 tbsp chia seed 1 tsp baking soda honey optional
*Coconut oil is solid at room temperature. Just melt a bit in the microwave
1. Place all the dry ingredients in a bowl and mix
2. In a separate bowl combine the wet ingredients
3. Mix the wet ingredients into the dry. I used a food processor. An electric whisk is fine.
4. I love to add goji berries. Feel free to add dried berries or choc chips at this stage. Be careful with fresh berries as they will make the mix more moist so you would probably have to adjust dry ingredients
5. Grease a baking tin with coconut oil or a bit of butter
6. Place mixture in a bread tin and bake at 180 for 45-55 mins. I covered the tin with tin foil for 30 mins to prevent the top from burning.
7. Let cool, the bread should pop out of the tin easily, you may need to just run a knife along the edges
Serve and Enjoy- I suggest toasting the bread and serving with butter, nut butter or jam. makes a great snack or breakfast.
nutritional info per slice (15 slices): 127 calories; 8.7 fat (3.8 saturated); 9.8 carb; 1.6 fibre; 3.6 protein