Feeling very festive (hence the name) this weekend so decided to come up with another great snack, party food or even gift…..They little coconut balls really hit the spot! ! I find that people who don’t typically eat a ridiculously healthy diet need a much greater sweet hit because they are so used to the taste of chocolate bars etc but I tried it out on a few of my mates and they were a definite winner……Plate was empty within a few hours! Ridiculously easy to make aswell…no cooking involved!
Makes 22-24 servings apporximately
2 cups shredded unsweetened coconut 3 tbsp coconut flour/almond flour 1/4 cup honey (or more if mixture is not sticky enough)- I also added some agave 1/4 cup coconut oil 2 tbsp cacao nibs 1tsp vanilla 1 bar of chocolate (I used dark chocolate)
1. Place all the ingredients in a food processor
2. Pulse…the mixture will be sticky
3. Make into little ball shapes….I used a teaspoon which made 24 little nuggets. Amount will vary based on size
4. Place in the fridge/freezer to cool
5. Melt the chocolate bar….I only needed half of one bar and had plenty of chocolate left over. You can melt it in a bowl over hot water or use the microwave (microwave for 50 secs, mix and then microwave in intervals of 20-30seconds and mix until melted)
6. Remove the snowballs from the fridge and drizzle the chocolate over. Place back in the fridge to let the chocolate harden.
Store in the fridge for a week or so…..They taste amazing when they cool and harden.
These treats really hit the spot…..
Nutrition (24 servings-without chocolate drizzle)-74 calories, 5.1g fat, 7.8g carb, 0.6 fibre, 0.5 protein Paleo blocks: 3 fat, 0.8 carb, 0 protein
This recipe was the product of just throwing a few things into a food processor and seeing what happens so I still have to work on the recipe a bit….I plan to make them again this week to see if I can get the protein content up and reduce the amount of honey.