So I posted yesterday that I discovered a yum new snack- forest feast are now producing dried bananas called Cavendish Banana….the ingredients are…..wait for it…..banana…..yup that’s it. Exactly what you want to get from your food!! One ingredient! So thumbs up from me!
So here is a little snack Idea I came up with….again I apologise for the crappy pictures…I am relying on my iphone….I do possess an amazing cannon camera with about a billion options to make food look amazing and have you all salivating…..one problem….I have no clue how to use it…..BUT i intend to learn!!! in due time..I have a billion things on my to do list and never enough time……
Recipe: Banana and chocolate nuggets
1 package Forest Feast Cavendish Banana 1/2 bar dark chocolate (70% minimum, 65% at a push!!!) Milk chocolate is not paleo!! Coconut flakes (optional) 1/4 cup coconut oil
1. Place the chocolate and coconut oil into a pot and heat to melt
2. Stir the mixture
3. Remove from heat and let cool slightly….maybe 5 minutes…
4. Empty packet of banana into the pot and stir to make sure the banana pieces are evenly coated.
5. Allow the mixture to rest and cool a bit further to ensure the chocolate coats and ‘sticks’ to banana
6. Place the banana pieces on a plate
7. Sprinkle coconut flakes or maybe some chia seeds, cinnamon….etc…. (optional)
8. Place in freezer to let chocolate harden….Store in fridge for up to a week (doubt they ll last that long)
9. Love life!